Link to full job description and application.
The Demographics Research Group at the University of Virginia’s Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service invites bright, innovative, and motivated individuals to join our creative and collegial team as a Researcher and Project Lead on Aging. The project, sponsored by the Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS), involves providing comprehensive demographic services to the 25 Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) throughout Virginia on an annual basis.
The main responsibilities of the project lead for the DARS contract will include
- Conducting high quality data research on the senior population in Virginia
- Writing research articles and reports that are rigorous but accessible
- Presenting research findings at conferences and workshops
- Providing excellent customer service to the client by responding to ad hoc requests in a timely and professional manner
- Developing and delivering data workshops for AAA staff to help them increase their data knowledge and skills
- Supervising student research assistants
The successful candidate will also contribute to the work of the demographics team who serve public and private sector clients by providing top-quality research on a wide variety of topics, by producing concise data-driven narratives to inform policy and programs, and by visualizing data in ways that have attracted attention and been published in a variety of formats across the nation.
Members of our team, who work both individually and collaboratively, produce population estimates & projections, school enrollment forecasts, interactive maps, special analyses as specified in each contract, research briefs, reports, and blog posts. In addition, client service includes consulting with clients to identify data needs, attention to client relations, presentations, assisting clients with applying data to their policy and program priorities, and interacting with the media. The Demographics Research Group provides a stimulating, supportive environment and bountiful growth opportunities for self-motivated, talented individuals.
Nestled at the foot of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains, only two hours from Washington D.C., in one of America’s “best places to live,” the University of Virginia offers an ideal environment for intellectual inquiry, opportunities to interact with others at the forefront of innovation, and a widely-recognized high quality of life.
RESEARCHER AND PROJECT LEAD ON AGING POSITION DETAILS
This is a full-time, 12-month research position. While grant-funded, our group’s record of maintaining adequate grant support provides a measure of security.
To read the full job description and to apply:
- Internal Candidates: Apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for ‘Researcher and Project Lead on Aging’ (or the position #: R0029760)
- External Candidates: : Please visit the UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for ‘Researcher and Project Lead on Aging’ (or the position #: R0029760)
- All candidates must include a resume, statement of interest, writing sample, 3 references, and a willingness to complete a data skills test if selected as a finalist