Click here for a PDF version of the message below.
Call for Applications
Population Research and Policy Review (PRPR)
Co-Editors-in-Chief: Corey Sparks and Kara Joyner
The Southern Demographic Association (SDA) is looking for a new Co-Editor-in-Chief of Population Research and Policy Review (PRPR) to begin a three-year term starting in January of 2022. PRPR uses a staggered co-editorship to ease the transition into the position. The new coeditor will work with a current co-editor (Dr. Kara Joyner) for a year until the next co-editor is selected.
- Continue publishing high-quality manuscripts on diverse topics across a variety of contexts
- Determine which manuscripts merit circulation for external review, secure reviewers who can provide expert feedback, make editorial decisions, and write decision letters
- Recruit population scientists to join the editorial board
- Solicit applications for editors of special issues
- Communicate regularly with production staff, co-editor, editorial board, authors, and reviewers
- Attend the PAA and SDA Meetings yearly to meet with the SDA Board of Directors and the Springer representative
- Current position in an academic, government, or other institution
- Strong publication record, including publications in demographic journals
- Extensive experience reviewing manuscripts
- Support for the co-editor from their institution (i.e., yearly funding for a course release and/or a graduate student to serve as managing editor)
Deadline: December 5, 2021, but the SDA will begin reviewing candidates as applications are submitted.
Submit your letter of intent and CV to Dr. Johnelle Sparks (Johnelle.Sparks@utsa.edu), the SDA President. Please include the following information in your letter:
- Vision for the journal
- Strategies for enhancing the visibility of the journal
- Time to devote to journal and support provided by your institution