POSTER SESSIONS: Morgantown 2017
The cork bulletin board to which you will attach your poster is 4 feet high and 8 feet wide. Each presenter(s) will have their own board to attach their own poster (i.e., one poster per bulletin board). Use thin, lightweight mounting materials, since heavy board is difficult to keep in place. Push pins will be provided.
Below are some useful POSTER TIPS (source: PAA):
Prepare a banner for the top of the poster indicating the title, author(s), and affiliation(s). Lettering on the banner should be at least one inch high.
Avoid long textual passages and use graphs and diagrams as much as
possible. Details of the methodology generally should be
brief (unless your poster focuses on a methodological development).
Use a large font size for your text, such as 24-point.
- Arrange materials in columns rather than in rows so that
viewers can move to the right as they finish reading each column.
- Indicate the sequence of figures or graphs with numbers or letters at least one inch high.
- Figures should be designed to be viewed from a distance (3-4 feet).
- Use clear graphics.
- Each figure or table should have a heading in large typeface.
- Detailed information should be provided in a legend below in smaller typeface.
- Figure legends should describe concisely the content of the figure and the conclusions.
- Prepare a short verbal description of your key findings.
- Consider providing an abstract, handout or copies of your paper to distribute.
- At least one of the authors should be present during the entire poster session.
- Please remove your poster materials immediately following your session.